Thursday, August 23, 2012

My resolution...

Hey Everyone!

I told myself I could do this, and now I'm determined! How hard can it be to write a blog, right?

*three hours later...*

So, yeah. One would assume that, as an author, blogging would be easy! Not. The. Case. And anyone who has spent more than five minutes with me KNOWS that i can ramble about nonsense that would make an asylum look sane! Why is it so hard to find a topic?

This is actually a problem with some writers, too. In my opinion, what makes a good author is not proper editing, great grammar, or even a "popular" story! Nope... for me, being an author is about telling the story in my head.

If I try to write a story and I begin it by thinking "what's popular right now?" Chances are the story is doomed already. We can't try to cater our stories by what we think will sell or have the most views.

Is there a place or time when you should adjust what you do for the masses? Sure.. of course there is, I just don't believe that includes writing your own work of fiction, or in writing a blog that's full of your own opinions :-)

And that's really what I want this blog to be for... a place where I can share with anyone interested, my thoughts and opinions on a wide variety of topics. Yes- I will post things relating to my books or works-in-progress. I will also share some of the crazy that I call my life.

It is my hope and wish that folks who stumble upon my ramblings and ravings will find some of them funny, some poignant, and others just "I can't believe she posted that!"

Enjoy, and leave comments at your wish!

~LCM

No comments:

Post a Comment